Today was a tough day at work. I found out that a girl that I work with passed away yesterday. It all came as a shock to us today. She was only in her early 30's. There was a lot of sadness as you would expect in the office, especially in her immediate department. I have lots of memories of her and will treasure those moments that we were able to spend together. Please pray for her family and coworkers as they begin to deal with this loss.
I write this as a reminder that life is short. You never know from one moment to the next what will happen. To me it is a call to not take anyone or anything for granted, to take time for even the smallest conversations, and most importantly to share daily with others about my relationship with Christ. Even if not verbally, but by my actions. I tend to get so caught up in my work that I let that dictate my attitude and behaviors in the office. My prayer is that everything I do and say would be a reflection of the Lord.
Sorry to put such a solemn post, but thought that this was important. Thank you for your prayers.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just saw this... what happened? I'm so sorry... I know that's so unexpected and it's definitely a reality check that we don't want to have to face. Wow.
Post a Comment