Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's a....

Today I had my 18-week ultrasound. For those of you that don't know, this is usually an opportunity find out what you are having - if you want to know. And I am one of those people that did not want a surprise, I wanted to know. I have been saying all along that I was having a boy. I was so sure of it that I have been calling him "Ben". Well...today I was shocked. It's a girl! That poor little girl is going to be so confused because I have been calling her a boy. Hopefully she just won't remember that! My husband has said since the beginning that he thought it was a girl. And he was right. You see his family has had at least (4) generations of boys so I just knew it was a boy. But I found out today that apparently that doesn't matter. That's according to my doctor. And of course I guess the Lord has designed for us to have a little girl. I can honestly say that I didn't care what I was having, it was just a surprise. So now we can move on from figuring out how we were going to get around using Carolina blue to looking at all the fun pink stuff.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

she could even be a modern girl and you could decorate in red & black & white (I'm sure Aaron wouldn't mind a State-themed room!)

Childress Family said...

Girls rule!

Jess said...

yay! Congrats! It's so great having a little girl! I'm so happy for you and Aaron. When are you going to post a prego-pic? :) Keep this blog updated, SuzieQ!

Elsie Hall said...

Pink stuff! I'm so jealous! Little girl clothes are so adorable! And a girl is perfect for the roomie of mine who never wanted to have dirty children...LOL

Amy Williams said...

Hey girl! I know it is old news but congrats on a little girl on the way. Hope you are feeling good these days. Your post about mowing the lawn is too funny - just wait and see what other crazy things you will do before she arrives as you are nesting. Amy