Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pink, Pink, & More Pink


Well we actually did it - we painted Lily's new room pink. I never thought that I would seriously paint a room pink, but I did and I love it! I had to be careful though because once pink gets too dark, it takes on the shade of Pepto Bismol. I think that we made a nice selection. The actual name of the color is "pale shrimp". There are so many shades of pink - it's ridiculous. But this is the original shade I picked out, even before I bought any bedding.

My husband and his brother spent many hours last weekend working on this room. I guess I have an excuse not helping - I'm pregnant and I can't breathe those fumes. No seriously, I was going to help (we even bought a mask for me to wear), but somehow I got out of it. I am so thankful for Aaron - he was such a hard worker through the process and I must say he did a wonderful job.

But I must admit my one fear - 2 nights ago I had a dream that during a 2nd ultrasound, it was a boy. In my dream I was a little disappointed just because we had already painted the room, inherited lots of girl clothes (thanks to Heather and Stacey), and called her by name many times. It will be great either way though and if it's a boy I guess he'll have pink room :). Well, unless Aaron is gracious enough to repaint. Just a side note - *I actually do have an ultrasound soon so at least I will get some confirmation

4 comments:

Raleigh Mom said...

Who would have thought it would be you and not me with the pink room! :) Can't wait to see it.

Jess said...

Looks good! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see you again next weekend! Keep posting. ;)

Melissa said...

:) Fun! When are you coming in town this weekend?

Childress Family said...

So pretty! Where's that bedding from...and that fancy crib? She's going to be a little glamorista!