Lily has had a rash on her face and back for several weeks. The doctor recommended that we bathe her everyday in Dove soap, use hydrocortisone cream, and cover her entire body in Vaseline. That is definitely going to be a chore for me, but I hope well worth it. I must confess I wasn't bathing her everyday before - maybe every 2 to 3 days. I guess this will become part of our nighttime routine.
We also talked about swaddling at this appointment. The doctor seems to think I should start working on getting Lily to sleep without the swaddle. But she sleeps so well that way. I don't think I am ready to give that up yet. Last night she slept from 9 pm - 8 am. WOW! I don't expect that every night, but once in a while is great.
Aaron and I decided a couple of nights ago that we needed to move Lily to her own room. It's been 2 nights now and things seem to be going well. I hope she doesn't think we have abandoned her. Maybe she's still too young to realize that. As for us, we are sleeping much better now.
As far as 4 month milestones - Lily has now rolled over (from tummy to back), she is making lots of new noises, she is eating 5 - 6 ounces at a time, she is going to sleep on her own (no more walking around trying to get her to sleep), and she is trying her best to sit up (I think that will be a while longer). It's amazing how fast she is growing.

3 comments:
the last picture is definitely the best! :)
Yay for new developments! She's looking great...and more like Daddy. ;-)
i am looking through your old posts... and apparently Lily started going to sleep on her own around 4 months... okay Lily, you're our inspiration... just 6 more weeks to go! :)
Post a Comment