Monday, October 19, 2009
What a Weekend and Coming Week!
Lily had a great birthday. A few family members stopped by to see Lily, but we are postponing any big birthday celebration until after surgery and recovery. What better way to celebrate her surgery with a PARTY!!! I can't wait till that day. On Tuesday Lily has her pre-op appointment followed by surgery on Wednesday. The surgeon anticipates that we will only be in the hospital one night. I am little less optimistic. We have been waiting a year for this day and it's finally here. Please pray for Lily - pray that she is healthy, pray that she does excellent during the procedure and pray that she bounces back quick. I am mostly nervous about the days following surgery. Lily is a thumbsucker and come Wednesday will not be able to do that. She will actually be wearing "no-no's" (arm restraints) for 2 weeks after surgery. I have seen Lily's personality come out more and more lately and she is a determined little girl. Hopefully that will help her with recovery. Thank you so much for your prayers - we rely on them! I will keep everyone updated towards the end of the week...




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cassie has the same pink and brown outfit. So cute - I love
Carters clothes.
I will be thinking of you on Wednesday - you know that!! I will be praying that surgery goes well. I am sure Lily is not going to be a happy baby but before you know it; it will be Thrusday and you will be home and then it will be Cassies turn! Ugh....
Then it will be recovery for both our girls and we can share how our little girls are recovering and what new noises they are making with their cleft repaired. There...thats one thing to be excited about with this surgery - the new sounds!!!
I know Wednesday is such a dreaded day and an anticipated day at the same time. I am so thankful she can have this surgery and all this will soon be behind her, but I know it's going to be a tough road for a little bit. I know you guys are going to be really busy, but please let me know how she's doing Wednesday. I'm praying for you guys!! Looks like Lily is good at parties and opening presents, so she'll have lots to look forward to after recovery! :)
Post a Comment